About 300 participants — including youth leaders, youth workers and youth policy makers from both Eastern Partnership and 33 European countries involved in the EU Erasmus+ Programme — will meet and discuss participation and active citizenship of young people and their involvement in the decision making process during a two-day event in Warsaw on 22-23 June 2017.
What is Eastern Partnership?
It is a joint policy initiative launched in 2009 to deepen relations between the European Union and the six Eastern neighbours: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova and Ukraine. The Eastern Partnership is based on shared values of fundamental freedoms, democracy, respect for human rights and the rule of law, as well as shared commitment to market economy and sustainable development.
What is the Forum about?
The planned Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will be the third conference dedicated to issues which matter young people, organised in the margins of the Eastern Partnership Summit. The previous Eastern Partnership youth fora took place in Lithuania (2013) and Latvia (2015) focusing on social inclusion and employment/employability respectively.
The main objectives of the 3rd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum are:
- To deepen the dialogue and advance cooperation on youth matters and education between the EU and Eastern Partnership countries by sharing expertise and experience as well as providing a space for networking and cooperation in the future, including in local and transnational projects;
- To identify and discuss common challenges and propose concrete actions, which would help to address those challenges;
- To feed the 5th Eastern Partnership Summit Declaration to be signed in November 2017 in Brussels/Belgium;
- To inform the EU youth policy development post 2018, along with national youth policies in the countries involved.
- Young people as active, critical and responsible citizens;
- Young people and entrepreneurship – taking the future into own hands;
- Young people and education today: formal, non-formal and informal.
What's in for you?
The 3rd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will provide a unique opportunity to meet young people, youth workers and other stakeholders from various countries and share with them experience as well as establishing contacts and networks for future projects and initiatives. You will meet politicians and policy makers, and have the chance to discuss with them young people's concerns. You will have the opportunity to influence policies and programmes dedicated to young people - the conference's conclusions will serve to improve the youth strategies and actions in the EU and in the countries involved.
The final results of the Forum will be presented at the 5th Eastern Partnership Summit which will take place in Brussels/Belgium in November 2017.